Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Spring in Paris~Louvre Museum

On our last day in the city, we decided to take a break from walking and went to the Louvre. It was a rather cool day so I wore a sweater but then it got really warm so I had to go back to the hotel to change. Luckily, our hotel was 3mins walk from the museum! 

The museum itself was a piece of art with the entrance of a glass pyramid in the middle of a palace court. Louvre itself was an artifact since it was built long before our time and underneath the museum was the original remains of it. There was three sections: Richelieu, Sully and Denon. It was free admission for me since I was a student underage but I had to show them my passport before entering the different wings every time. I would suggest to grab a map at the information counter because we got lost even though we had one! It took the entire day to be able to see everything in there. 
Main works like the Mona Lisa and the Venus was flooded with tourists. There was a hall made of stones and filled with statues which was so calming and cooling. A lot of people would be sketching around some statues or studying paintings. I loved that place!

































After changing to thiner clothes because it was so hot...





















The crowning of the queen.









Old remains of the Louvre Palace





The stone hall








The first written laws of humanity by Hammurabi 









When we got out of the museum, the entrance to Printemps was so shiny! There was also luxury stores like Chanel and Dior too. 

This is the glass floor showed in Da Vinci Code I think... I couldn't find it above ground though :(


If you have anything you want me to know, please comment down below or...
Email me at liumanou@gmail.com
Youtube: Manou Liu
Instagram @migoko2



No comments:

Post a Comment